Sony SDX5400C AIT-5 Data Cartridge
The Sony SDX5400C AIT-5 Data Cartridge offers up to 400GB native capacity within a single 8mm cartridge and 24MB/s native data transfer rates, as well as WORM capability for enhanced data security. The Sony SDX5400C AIT-5 Data Cartridge drives and automation set new standards for capacity, reliability and performance, and offers backward read/write compatibility with AIT-3, AIT-3EX, and AIT-4. Advanced new features improve functionality, performance, and reliability. The new MR heads are the foundation for higher capacity and Read-Write performance. Dynamic Tracking, adjusts the tape head with recorded data to optimize read-back quality. The new AME III smooth media formulation enables extraordinary areal recording density, as well as high durability.
What It Is and Why You Need It:
- 400GB native (1,040GB compressed) capacity
- Transfer rate (native): 24Mb/s
- Utilizes AME III Advanced Metal Evaporated technology
- Compatible only with AIT-5 drives
- R-MIC (Remote Memory in Cassette) - The AIT-2, 3, 3Ex, 4 and 5 cartridges feature a non-contact flash memory chip that stores directory and operational information allowing for rapid access to desired data and greatly reduced loading and ejection times